- A. Collection of Your Personal Information
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We collect personal information from service professionals offering their products and services as well as from consumers searching for those service professionals. Both consumers and service professionals are required to create an account to be able to access certain portions of our Product, such as to submit questions, participate in polls or surveys, to request a quote, to submit a bid in response to a quote, and request information. The type of personal information that we collect from you varies based on your particular interaction with our Product.
- Consumers: During the Account registration process, we will collect information such as your name, postal code, and email address. You also may provide us with your telephone number, mailing address, and demographic information. We may also collect personal information that you post in your Offer, Profile, Wants, or Feedback, and any comments or discussions you post in any blog, chat room, or other correspondence site on the Product, or any comments you provide during dispute resolution with other users of the Product.
- Service Professionals: If you are a service professional and would like to post any information about yourself, we will require you to register for an Account. During the Account registration process, we will collect your business name, telephone number, address, postal code, travel preferences, a description of your services, a headline for your profile, first and last name, and email address. In addition, you may, but are not required to, provide other content or information about your business, including photographs and videos. We also may collect payment information, such as credit card information, from you.
- If we deem it necessary, in our sole and absolute discretion, we may also ask for and collect supplemental information from third parties, such as information about your credit from a credit bureau (to the extent permitted by law), or information to verify any identification details you provide during registration.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES
- You may log into our Product through your Facebook account. If you do so, you must enter the email address and password that you use for your Facebook account. We will ask that you grant us permission to access and collect your Facebook basic information (this includes your name, profile picture, gender, networks, user IDs, list of friends, date of birth, email address, and any other information you have set to public on your Facebook account). If you allow us to have access to this information, then we will have access to this information even if you have chosen not to make that information public.
- We store the information that we receive from Facebook with other information that we collect from you or receive about you.
- We and our third party service providers collect information from you by using cookies. A cookie is a small file stored on user’s computer hard drive containing information about the user. The cookie helps us analyze web traffic or informs you about your use of a particular Product. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual, tailoring its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. When you visit the Product, we may send one or more cookies (i.e., a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your computer that identifies your browser.
- Disabling Cookies. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you disable cookies you may be prevented from taking full advantage of the Product because it may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- B. How Hooseh Uses the Information We Collect
- HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
We collect your personal information and aggregate information about the use of our Product and Services to better understand your needs and to provide you with a better Product experience. Specifically, we may use your personal information for any of the following reasons:
- To provide our Services to you, including registering you for our Services, verifying your identity and authority to use our Services, and to otherwise enable you to use our Product and our Services;
- For customer support and to respond to your inquiries;
- For internal record-keeping purposes;
- To process billing and payment, including sharing with PayPal or other third party payment gateways in connection with Product and/or Hooseh’s products and Services;
- To improve and maintain our Product and our Services (for example, we track information entered through the “Search” function; this helps us determine which areas of our Product users like best and areas that we may want to enhance; we also will use for trouble-shooting purposes, where applicable);
- To contact you via email, telephone, facsimile or mail, or, where requested, by text message, to deliver certain services or information you have requested;
- To periodically send promotional emails to the email address you provide regarding new products from Hooseh, special offers from Hooseh or other information about Hooseh that we think you may find interesting;
- For Hooseh’s market research purposes, including, but not limited to, the customization of the Product according to your interests;
- We may use your demographic information (i.e., age, postal code, residential and commercial addresses, and other various data) to more effectively facilitate the promotion of goods and services to appropriate target audiences and for other research and analytical purposes;
- We also may compare personal information collected through the Product and Services to verify its accuracy with personal information collected from third parties; and
- We may combine aggregate data with the personal information we collect about you.
- Electronic Newsletters, Invitations, Polls and Surveys
At our sole discretion, Hooseh may offer any of the following free services on the Product, which you may select to use or receive at your option. Certain of the following services may require you to provide additional personal information as detailed below:
- ELECTRONIC NEWSLETTERS
We may offer a free electronic newsletter to users. We will gather the email addresses of users who sign up for Hooseh for the newsletter mailing list. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by opting out of receiving newsletters during the registration process, by following the link provided in each newsletter that points users to a subscription management page where the user can unsubscribe from receiving newsletters or by changing their preferences in their Profile Settings page.
- ‘SEND TO A FRIEND’
Our Product users can voluntarily choose to electronically forward a link, page, or document to someone else by clicking ‘send to a friend.’ To do so, the user must provide his or her email address or phone number, as well as the email address or phone number of the recipient. The user’s email address and phone number is used only in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
We may conduct user surveys from time to time to better target our content to our Product users. We will not share individual responses from these surveys with any third party. We will share aggregate data with third party service providers, partners, and other third parties. We also will post aggregate data containing survey responses on our Product; that data may be viewed and downloaded by other users of our Product.
- Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we may delete such information from our systems.
We employ procedural and technological security measures, which are reasonably designed to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access or disclosure. Hooseh may use encryption, passwords, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. No security measures, however, are 100 percent complete. Therefore, we do not promise and cannot guarantee, and thus you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will not be collected and used by others. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. Hooseh is not responsible for the unauthorized use neither of your information nor for any lost, stolen, compromised passwords, or for any activity on your Account via unauthorized password activity.
We may share the information that we collect about you, including your personal information, as follows:
- INFORMATION DISCLOSED TO PROTECT US AND OTHERS
- INFORMATION DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS AND BUSINESS PARTNERS
We may contract with various third parties for the provision and maintenance of the Product, Services and our business operations, and Hooseh may need to share your personal information and data generated by cookies and aggregate information (collectively, “information”) with these vendors and service agencies. For example, we may provide your information to a credit card processing company to process your payment. The vendors and service agencies will not receive any right to use your personal information beyond what is necessary to perform its obligations to provide the Services to you. If you complete a survey, we also may share your information with the survey provider; if we offer a survey in conjunction with another entity, we also will disclose the results to that entity.
- DISCLOSURE TO NON-AFFILIATED THIRD PARTIES IN FURTHERANCE OF YOUR REQUEST
Your request for services may be shared with third party Products with whom we have a contractual relationship in order to provide your request with maximum exposure. The post on the third party Product will include the details of your request, including your location, but will not include your last name. Interested bidders, however, will be able to click on your request on such third party site, and will be directed to our Product where they will have access to your first name and the first letter of your last name, as would any other service provider on our Product interested in bidding on your request.
- DISCLOSURE TO OTHER USERS OF OUR PRODUCT
If you are a service professional, the information that you post (other than your payment information) is available to other users of our Product and our Services. Comments that users post to our Product also will be available to other visitors to our Product (see our discussion of User Generated Content below). In addition, we will post the results (in aggregate form) of surveys to our Product. If you are a consumer, your first name plus first initial of your last name, zip code, as well as the details of your request, are available to all visitors to our Product. Bidding professionals also will be permitted to see the consumer’s full name and telephone number.
- INFORMATION DISCLOSED TO LAW ENFORCEMENT OR GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS
We will disclose your information, including, without limitation, your name, city, state, telephone number, email address, user ID history, quoting and listing history, and fraud complaints, to law enforcement or other government officials if we are required to do so by law, regulation or other government authority or otherwise in cooperation with an investigation of a governmental authority.
- IN THE EVENT OF A CHANGE OF CONTROL OR BANKRUPTCY
In the event that Hooseh undergoes a change in control, including, without limitation, a merger or sale of all or substantially all of Hooseh’s assets to which this Product relates or other corporate reorganization in which Hooseh participates, and is thus merged with or acquired by a third party entity (a “Successor”), Hooseh hereby reserves the right to transfer the information we have collected from the users of the Product and/or Services to such Successor.
In addition, in the event of Hooseh’s bankruptcy, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application or laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, Hooseh may not be able to control how your information is transferred, used, or treated and reserves the right to transfer the information we have collected from the users of the Product and/or Services to non-affiliated third parties in such event.
- INFORMATION DISCLOSED AT YOUR REQUEST
We may share your personal information with other Registered Users to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information or if you explicitly consent to such disclosure upon receipt of a specific Service. For instance, when you contract for a specific Service with another Registered User, Hooseh will send that Registered User a notice that includes the personal information that you have chosen to allow Hooseh to reveal to users with whom you contract.
- Links to External Products
- Updating, Deleting and Correcting Your Personal Information
- You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you emails about your Account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
- Third-Party Ad Networks
- Your Full Name and Use of Hooseh Information
- YOUR FULL NAME
As a Registered User of the Product you will select a Full Name during the registration process. All of your activities on the Product will be traceable to your Full Name. Certain other people, including other Registered Users with whom you have transacted business via the Product, can see a large part of your activity on the Product. If you book a service with a Registered User, cancel a scheduled service with a Registered User, receive an offer on your posted service from a Registered User, or have posted a service, Hooseh may send a notice to you or the appropriate Registered User that includes your Full Name. Thus, if you associate your real name with your Full Name, the people to whom you have revealed your name may be able to personally identify your Product activities.
- USING INFORMATION FROM HOOSEH
The Product facilitates your sharing of personal information with others in order to negotiate, provide, and use the Services. If you agree to contract for a service with another Registered User, you may need to reveal your name, email, phone number, or personal address to that individual so that the service may be performed. Please respect the privacy of others. You agree to use the information of other users solely for the following purposes: (a) Hooseh-transaction-related purposes; and (b) using Services offered through the Product.
- ACCOUNT PROTECTION
Your password is the key to your Account. When creating your password you should use unique numbers, letters, special characters, and combinations thereof. In addition, DO NOT disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, you are solely responsible for all actions taken via your Account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Thus, IF YOUR PASSWORD HAS BEEN COMPROMISED FOR ANY REASON, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY SERVISHERO TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD.
- User Generated Content
We invite you to post content on our Product, including your comments, feedback, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Product. If you post content to our Product, all of the information that you post will be available to all visitors to our Product. If you post your own content on our Product or Services, your posting may become public and Hooseh cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy. We may also use User Generated Content, such as reviews about our product or Service Professionals, on for the purposes of marketing our Services and you consent to this being used.
THIS POLICY IS CURRENT AS OF THE EFFECTIVE DATE SET FORTH ABOVE. HOOSEH MAY, IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, CHANGE THIS POLICY FROM TIME TO TIME BY UPDATING THIS DOCUMENT. SERVISHERO WILL POST ITS UPDATED POLICY ON THE PRODUCT ON THIS PAGE. SERVISHERO ENCOURAGES YOU TO REVIEW THIS POLICY REGULARLY FOR ANY CHANGES. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS PRODUCT AND/OR CONTINUED PROVISION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS OF THE THEN-CURRENT POLICY.